This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring request types and workflows
Is there a way to have a request type that is hidden from the portal? When I try and have a request type that is not part of a group, it gives me an error saying that at least 1 group is required.
Request types must be assigned to a group. It's required as you noticed. Can I ask why you'd like a hidden request type? Maybe we can figure something else out...
We have an operational request type for internal use only. I just wanted to hide it from the customer portal, but retain the request type. I believe this can be accomplished via request type permissions and I just need time to explore it more.
I don't believe that's possible. It's never been possible to configure permissions by issuetype. I don't think Service Desk gives you any abstraction that allows for additional permissions on requesttypes. If you need separate permissions, you should use a separate project. You can also make an issue type in a project that's not assigned to a request type; this would mean that the only way to create that issuetype would be through the JIRA Create Dialog, not the Portal. That's usually my go-to...
Yes, that was going to be my direction if the perms route did not work. Question though, without the Request Type, does the notification scheme still function correctly? I noticed that when my Incident, Service Request and Operation ISSUE TYPES do not have the proper REQUEST TYPE field filled out within the issue itself, the notifications and workflows can be wonky. Wonky in that they work sometimes and sometimes they don't.
Hi Dan,
You can achieve it using our app Extension for Jira Service Desk which offers a visibility feature. You can define for which Jira groups specified request type will be visible. Read more about it in our documentation.
Best,
Kate
This only works for the "server" edition of Jira Service Desk. You can't use it with the hosted version.
Curious if there is any way to achieve this. We also have an internal support request which we don't want customers to be able to choose.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.