Hi everyone,
I'm having a persistent issue with the Google Drive Power-Up on Trello and wanted to check if anyone else is experiencing the same — or if there’s a workaround I’ve missed.
Problem:
When I attach files from Google Drive using the official method (Attach → Google Drive), the links are added correctly, but no Google Drive icon or preview appears. Instead, the attachment shows up as a generic link, just like a normal URL, even though everything is set up properly.
Here’s what I’ve already tried:
- Power-Up is activated on the board
- Google account is connected and authorized correctly
- File permissions are open (anyone with the link can view)
- Files were attached via the official Google Drive Power-Up button, not pasted manually
- Tested with Docs, Sheets, PDFs
- Cleared browser cache, tried in incognito, and tested on Chrome and Firefox
- Reconnected and reinstalled the Power-Up
- Also tried on a brand new Trello board — same result
Still, the Drive icon and preview thumbnail do not appear on any of the attachments.
This seems like a bug or a broken part of the integration, especially since everything else appears to be working normally.
Anyone else running into this?
Is there a known fix or update in progress?
Thanks in advance!