In the Project screens is there a place where I can list all the people on the project?
Screenshot from project page:
Not really. Because there's no easy rule for "on a project".
First, you need to look at the permission scheme and work out which of the 30-40 permissions in there mean a person is "on a project". For example, is it people who can see the project? Or be assigned issues? Or report them? Or work on them? Or a combination?
Second, you've got who-can-do-what. Using the simple case of "can be assigned", then you could put a group into that permission. Or a role. Then you put users into the group. Or the role. And you can put groups into roles.
Then you have the added complexity of dynamic roles. For example, if you say "people who are 'on a project' are those who can be assigned issues", then what happens when you put Reporter into that permission? You've now got a swathe of issues that have different reporters and hence are 'on the project' but only because they've raised one issue. Or lots.
A summary of that rambling is "no, because Jira doesn't know what your rules are, and it's a lot more complex than most people realise even when you've got rules"
Hmm... Let me rephrase that. I only have one project. I invited a developer to my project and I want to see if he accepted. I may invite a few other people to the project.
I'm guessing it get's more complex if you have multiple projects?
I found a link to User Management in the Settings drop down menu. I think that's sortof what I'm looking for. If I have multiple projects then it may be hard to distinguish which users are on which project. So far I only have one project.
Ok, that's a start, but you still need to define how you know "This user is on this project". User management will tell you about their profile and the roles and groups they are in so you can see most of the data you probably need to answer the question, but you'll still need to read the permission scheme to see what the implications of role membership are.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.