I was trying to create a new API key, but it's wasn't working. When I used the new key, I got the following error:
{"error":"Invalid authentication token."}
Here are the steps I took:
I clicked on my avatar in the upper-right corner of the page and selected "API Info."
Under "Organization API keys", I saw my existing key, which had green text indicating it was active.
I deleted the old key and created a new one.
The new key does not have the same "active" indicator next to it.
The test curl command using this new key failed.
I also noticed a discrepancy in the instructions. The instructions state to "Select your avatar from the bottom left of the management screen." However, I only saw a menu on the upper left, and my avatar is located in the upper right. Therefore, I was unsure if the page I was on was the correct "management screen."
EDIT: The combination of no green "in use" indicator next to the new key, combined with incorrect avatar instructions, clouded my vision, causing me to gloss over a typo in the command. The new API key works. (facepalm, and other shameful things)