I am using data centre Jira and when I view my roadmap, I want the dates on the right of the screen to show as sprints as this is much easier to understand where items are scheduled overall in a quarter.
My set up is as follows:
- I have five outcomes in a cross team project that runs from the beginning to the end of the quarter.
- Within the cross team project (where I have the roadmap) there are 9 projects who assign their Epics to each of these Outcomes.
- Each Epic may run for all or part of the quarter, depending on what it's for, for instance a support epic, runs the whole quarter but a specific development epic may run for between 1 to 6 sprints. We assign start and end dates to the Epic so we know how long it is planned to run for and when.
- As stories are created for the epics they reside in the backlog, and are only assigned to a sprint during sprint planning, we do not future allocate stories to sprints only to the next sprint.
- Epics are not assigned to sprints.
- We work in two week sprints with approx 6 sprints per quarter. Each project team uses the same numbering for their sprints so we are all on the same sprint number at the same time.
What I have achieved so far, is to see all the epics of the various projects assigned to the outcomes and I can see this in the left column under where you set the Scope. I use the various projects as issue sources. I can drill into each outcome and see all the epics that the 9 projects have assigned to it.
What I want to do but can't seem to find a way, is on the right of the view I can set how much of a timeline I can view (I current have this set to last two weeks to next two months), this is pre-populated with dates. I don't want to see these dates, but rather the sprints for the quarter which run from Wednesday to Tuesday for 2 week periods.
Is there any way to achieve this. I already find the roadmaps really clunky but this simple obvious need seems a completely impossible task.