Is it possible to deactiviate/disable the autocorrect function in confluence?
What autocorrect funciton are you talking about? Are you sure its not the browser's autocorrect?
Damned!! You are rigth !
Thanks a lot, Timothy
No it isn't the browser's Autocorrect.
I can type JIRA into here and hey look it didn't change it to Jira.
I NEVER EVER want ANYTHING I type to be changed. If I wanted to type Jira I wouldn't type JIRA.
How do I disable..
There are only a couple of correction functions in Confluence, and none in Lithium here. The original question you're replying to was written on Atlassian answers which used Confluence, so it had the Jira to JIRA function of Confluence.
It was put in because Atlassian wanted users to use the correct name for their prodict, which was JIRA.
It changed during the rebranding last US Summit, to Jira, but the code for the correction has only been updated in later versions of Confluence
You can't disable it without code changes, but the way to correct it so Jira remains Jira is to upgrade.
I'm not sure what you are saying.
I am typing a comment in bitbucket and refer to JIRA and spell JIRA with all-uppercase because that's how it should be spelt but it is auto-correcting me.
I want to disable any auto-correct. I never like it and always disable it.
Upgrade what?
You had not mentioned Bitbucket, I assumed you were using Confluence as per the original question.
Bitbucket has been updated to include auto-correction of Jira to the current name - Jira. It is not JIRA since the branding changed last year.
If you want to use the incorrect name and not have Bitbucket try to correct it, then you will need to hack the code in Bitbucket and recompile it.
Type "Jira" into Notepad (or some such) then copy and paste it into Confluence (but do not enter another character after the word). If it's in a sentence type the whole sentence into Notepad then copy and paste the whole sentence.
I find that when I type "JIRA" (followed by a space) and it converts it to "Jira", I can simply type ctrl-Z, and it changes it back to "JIRA".
I don't want to do Ctrl-Z undo, I don't want it to change what I type in the first place.
I typed a D followed by a colon to indicate a directory and it turned it into some horrible emoticon. Just DON'T.
This issue is not solved.
Ellipses and emotes should not be autocorrected.
Typing "..." turns it in to "…" (try to highlight them in my comment, you'll see they are different ascii characters) which is really infuriating. If I type something and use ellipses then need to backspace, or simply want to backspace a set of ellipses, the 3 periods get removed as one character.
Thank you!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.