Hi there.
Currently evaluation the jira (standalone) suite of applications...
Now, I'm trying to reproduce the possibility to add comments, resolve issues etc automatically from SVN commit message just as described for JIRA Studio Hosted:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRASTUDIO/Actioning+Issues+via+Commit+Messages
I have found this blog entry dated from 2009
http://blogs.atlassian.com/developer/2009/10/dragon_slayer_supplement_action_issues_with_commit_commands.html
Now, this post is a bit outdated in such that none of the versions mentioned match the current version. Communication to JIRA from the SVN repository is achieved via the FishEye notification plugin.
I have tried for a while to get it going, but I only end up with a lots of verbose errors in the FishEye plugin.
First I tried with the default plugins found in the current distribution of JIRA/FishEye has all of those are newer than the revision mentioned in the blog entry, and I was hoping all those nifty features would have been merged in the current version by now.
The XML patch applies okay (there are some mods either off by 1 or 2 lines and 2 fuzzy mods, but nothing setious)
The notifier plugin mentioned in the entry doesn't work with the current version of FishEye, googling led me to a bug entry for FishEye and a link to this version of the plugin
https://maven.atlassian.com/content/repositories/atlassian-public/com/atlassian/notifier/notifier-fisheye-plugin/2.3.3/notifier-fisheye-plugin-2.3.3.jar
When I run the test using the Firefox Poster Plugin, I get the "201 Created" message, which indicates that everything is working okay.
Unfortunately, when I make a commit in SVN using the KEY-NUM #resolve blah
In the fisheye console I see the errors:
2011-08-19 17:42:56,745 ERROR - There was an exception thrown trying to dispatch event 'com.atlassian.fisheye.event.CommitEventImpl[source=chocos]' from the invoker 'com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyListenerHandler$LegacyListenerInvoker@168f6724'.
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.ChangeSet, but class was expected
at com.atlassian.notifier.fisheye.commit.CommitListener.handleEvent(CommitListener.java:52)
at com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyListenerHandler$LegacyListenerInvoker.invoke(LegacyListenerHandler.java:55)
at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$2.run(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:60)
at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher$1.execute(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:28)
at com.atlassian.event.internal.AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.dispatch(AsynchronousAbleEventDispatcher.java:56)
at com.atlassian.event.internal.LockFreeEventPublisher$Publisher.dispatch(LockFreeEventPublisher.java:228)
at com.atlassian.event.internal.LockFreeEventPublisher.publish(LockFreeEventPublisher.java:83)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.event.FisheyeEventPublisher.publish(FisheyeEventPublisher.java:29)
at com.atlassian.event.legacy.LegacyEventManager.publishEvent(LegacyEventManager.java:36)
at com.atlassian.fisheye.event.FisheyeEventManager.publishEvent(FisheyeEventManager.java:28)
at com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.CommitNotificationRepositoryListener$1.run(CommitNotificationRepositoryListener.java:73)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
And nothing occurs in JIRA. FishEye shows the change fine (and automatically links the JIRA bug entry)...
What am I missing. Has anyone succeeded in getting commit logs have an action on JIRA using the method documented in that post?
Thank you in advance for your help
Regards
Jean-Yves