This concerns Confluence Data Center version. I'm aware Confluence 8.x requires mysql-connector-java-8.0.xx-bin.jar for MySQL 8.0+, but it seems a wrong or missing JDBC driver on a new HostJane EC2 Ubuntu 22.04 LTS environment is preventing Confluence from connecting to the database, causing the migration to fail.
After migration to HostJane, Confluence fails to start with the error:
No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/confluence
Everything else should be the same, it was working fine on my old (smaller) Ubuntu 22.04 server. I contacted the hosting support and they said this confluence issue occurs if the MySQL JDBC driver is outdated or not copied to the install directory: /confluence/WEB-INF/lib.
Their solution was to tell me to download the latest MySQL Connector/J (e.g., 8.0.33) and place it in the lib directory, basically update confluence.cfg.xml in <confluence-home>/confluence.cfg.xml.
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/confluence?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8mb4</property>
No changes after doing that, I need to migrate the data center version, don't want to use confluence cloud. Any suggestions on how to fix the JDBC driver issue?