when i try to clone the issue it throws attached error
The error is pretty clear - Jira needs to create tables for Active Objects, and the database account you have configured it with does not have the required rights to create the tables in the database.
Correct the permissions in the database and try it again.
The big issue with using Jira Clone command, is the old issue being cloned must fully align with the current workflow and field schema. If the workflow was physically change (statuses removed or added) or fields were removed or added since the old issue was created then the clone will failed. As well, I believe this is your situation, if you are trying to clone an issue that you didn't initially report then it will fail as well. It all depends on how open your Jira permissions scheme is setup for.
Then it is probably a Permission Schemes setting.
I'm jira admnistrator and that group is present in all the permission.
I looked into create issue and link issue as well
I tried with fresh issue. I create one new issue and tried to clone it however same error
What version of Jira are you running now?
This issue that you are cloning was created/lasted updated when you were running Jira 4.x?
jira version4.4.4
I can't check that far back -- sorry. Hopefully someone from Atlassian can help.
Earlier it was working without any issue and we have not changed anything.
Do I have to check permission for jira user?
I'd say something has changed in the datbase permissions, OR you've started using a function that uses active objects that you weren't using before.
You really should grant the Jira user "create table" rights in the database and try it again.
Thanks Nic. It worked flawless.
Someone has removed that permission from database.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.