We have JIRA 6.4 and JIRA servicedesk 2.4.2
Below is our complete notificatiion scheme
The main issue for reporters is: No generated mails on comments, instead we use an email plugin. (a.o. allowing us to adress multiple recepients)
ns.png
We enter the issues via the Jira backend and the Jira portal
In Jira this is shown as the “channel.”
jc.png
Or
pc.png
The problem:
As of 6.4 I notice this:
- Reporters of an issue entered via the Jira Channel do not receive emails on comments. The notification scheme is followed. Correct.
- Reporters of an issue entered via the Portal Channel do receive emails on comments. The notification scheme is NOT followed! Not Correct tmho
Since our email plugin add the mail as a comment, sending email on a “Portal Channel issue” generates 2 emails for the customer. 
This does not apply to internal comments.
Question:
How can I have all issues using the same , own defined(!), notification scheme? Now I have to bare in mind what the Channel is when adding comments/sending emails.