I have JIRA 6.2.7 and Confluence 5.5.3 running on a same machine in LAN that behind a firewall, and the firewall has configured two NAT ports so that users can access the server from internet.
WANIP:8080 --> LANIP:8080 (JIRA)
WANIP:8090 --> LANIP:8090 (Confluence)
No other ports are mapped from internet to LAN. I modified their server context path so that the base url of them are:
JIRA: http://WANIP:8080/jira
Confluence: http://WANIP:8090/conf
and users can access them from above links.
Now I am trying to creat application links for them.
Problem 1: When creating application link in JIRA, I provide the confluence base URL (the WANIP access link)
the JIRA system just notify that there is no response from the link I provied. It seems that the system need to acees other ports of confluence from WANIP to LAN when creating application link.
Question 1: Must I map any other ports from WANIP to LANIP on firewall to make JIRA talk to Confluence?
Since the two systems are running on a same machine, so I use localhost(http://localhost:8090/conf) instead of the WANIP when creating applicaiton link and it works.
JIRA also creating a Application Link in the top left corner of the header and use the display link it detected(http://WANIP:8090/conf). so that users can quickly access confluence from it.
Problem2: When I did the same steps in Confluence, tried to create application link in Confluence to JIRA(use http://localhost:8080/jira), Confluence did created applicaition link but It used the application link I provided when creating Application Navigator link although it display correct Display link (http://WANIP:8080/jira)
As a result, the Application Navigator link in Conflucne does not work for those users acess Confluence from internet. It just point to their localhost.
Is It a Confluence bug? and..how to resolve this?
thanks a lot.