Hi,
we have just now started to evaluate Asset Management.
I have the following questions:
#1 As I see it makes always sense to separate different objects to different asset scheme allowing the admin to set different permissions if requested.
In case of an entire company would be
created as separated databases /Asset Scheme/
or is it a best practice to create them in one asset schema as different object types only?
#2 as you see on the screenshots I have imported a CSV file with 69 assets containing some jira projects incl. data like "projectcategory" and "project lead".
After finishing the import I have created the objecttype "Projektleitung" (lead) and "Projektkategorie" (projectcategory). In both of them there is an object "Projekte".
So if I create a new category I can set the project as well.
It doesnot work however for the imported Objects. How can I reference them that JIRA recognise them as Objects and not only text.
As additional problem is, that the objectype Projekte contains the entire information categories and leads, it is text only and cannot be edited as object allowing me tp make the referencing bidirectional.
--> If I create a new Projekte Object, I can edit these fields, these are however text only, not clickable objects.
Thank you very much for s short reply, if I start ´the work with assets correctly.
Best Regards
A.

