Hi,
I run the instalation the progress bar reaches the end and nothing happens.
Git and perl are installed and i dont have any error.
what do i have to do ?
thanks
Question is unclear.
I believe you have installed in window. What was the install instructions you used? Is it installed as a Service? Please share the instruction.
You can check catalina.out in <stash install dir>\logs\catalina.out.
Once install, you need to configure by launching the Stash URL in a web browser.
Please check if Stash Service is running.
start-> search program >services.msc> check if Stash is running.
Thank you.
Anurag
Thank you Anurag for your reply
Yes i'm trying to install it on windows i downloaded the exe file from this link https://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/download. I ran the exe file and followed the instruction to install it as a service. The problem is the install never end the progress bar reaches the end and nothing happens and the installation interface is still open.
And i cheked the windows service i found it but i cant start it. here is what i found after in the file catalina.log
08-Apr-2015 16:20:51.546 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [C:\Atlassian\Stash\3.8.0\${stash.home}\lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]08-Apr-2015 16:20:51.546 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [C:\Atlassian\Stash\3.8.0\${stash.home}\lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]08-Apr-2015 16:20:51.624 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Unable to load server configuration from [C:\Atlassian\Stash\3.8.0\conf\server.xml]08-Apr-2015 16:20:51.624 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Unable to load server configuration from [C:\Atlassian\Stash\3.8.0\conf\server.xml]08-Apr-2015 16:20:51.624 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.
thanks for the help,
Nizar
Hi Nizar,
Can you please raise an issue in http://support.atlassian.com? Our engineers will follow up from there.
Kind regards,Thiago
We would appreciate if you could send us the specs of your server (memory CPU, OS, etc).
I updated my Stash from 3.2.0 to 3.9.1 and the server does not start with the same error.
The logs are very clean, no stacktrace nothing big.
Only these lines:
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
16-May-2015 14:27:01.147 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [/opt/atlassian/stash-home/lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
16-May-2015 14:27:01.148 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.validateFile Problem with directory [/opt/atlassian/stash-home/lib], exists: [false], isDirectory: [false], canRead: [false]
16-May-2015 14:27:01.193 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Unable to load server configuration from [/opt/atlassian/stash/3.9.1/conf/server.xml]
16-May-2015 14:27:01.195 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Unable to load server configuration from [/opt/atlassian/stash/3.9.1/conf/server.xml]
16-May-2015 14:27:01.195 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Cannot start server. Server instance is not configured.
catalina.out (END)
My server:
Ubuntu 14.10 x64
I must mention that the 3.9.1/conf directory contains no server.xml file:
root@emil-Inspiron-5520:/opt/atlassian/stash/3.9.1/conf# lltotal 220drwxr-xr-x 2 atlstash atlstash 4096 May 16 14:13 ./drwxr-xr-x 13 atlstash atlstash 4096 May 16 14:13 ../-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 12624 May 13 11:49 catalina.policy-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 6622 May 13 11:49 catalina.properties-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 1613 May 13 11:49 context.xml-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 3569 May 13 11:49 logging.properties-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 318 May 16 14:13 scripts.cfg-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 1783 May 13 11:49 tomcat-users.xml-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 1888 May 13 11:49 tomcat-users.xsd-rw-r--r-- 1 atlstash atlstash 168082 May 13 11:49 web.xml
I installed stash as before with:
sudo sh atlassian-stash-3.9.1-x64.bin
I downgraded to 3.2.0 in /etc/init.d/atlstash and it works.
Please let me know it there is a correction to this.
Please let me know if I can provide you with more details.
Update:
I was able to make it start by copying the server.xml file from
STASH_HOME/shared
to
STASH_INSTALL_DIR/conf
Tomcat started but the update was not good Stash web page presents itself like a new installation not an upgrade to something existing...
It is my second time Stash looses my data in an standard update of a standard installation (nothing custom). Your job here is not that good. I will continue to use JIRA+Confluence but I will discontinue Stash.
Emil
I think, server.xml should move to <home directory>/shared/.
Copy and pasted server.xml in Shared directory. If new installation you can create <home directory>/shared/. and place server.xml. Hope this help.Thanks.
Read :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Stash+upgrade+guide
The location of the server.xml file changed in Stash 3.8, to keep editable configuration files in the Stash home directory and out of the (version specific) Stash installation directories.
server.xml
<Stash installation directory>/
conf/server.xml
<Stash home directory>
/shared/server.xml
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.