Update 2025-07-07: Now they have made the message clearer
Now the user in a team needs permission from the admin (and probably this requires purchase of the Dev Agent).
Rovo Dev Agents is not installed on your site
To use Rovo Dev CLI, your organization administrator needs to install Rovo Dev Agents.
Visit https://www.atlassian.com/try/cloud/signup?bundle=devai to request access.
---
Update 2025-07-03: I think I found a reason, Atlassian suddenly blocked the API token generated by team account. Switching to your personal account and it should work.
---
Original Question
Hello everyone!
After generating the token and logging in successfully
❯ acli rovodev auth login
✓ Authentication successful
when I typed
acli rovodev run
I got the welcome message and then an immediate error right after it
Welcome to Rovo Dev (beta), Atlassian's AI coding agent.
Here are some quick tips:
• Ask Rovo Dev anything in your own words - from "explain this repo" to "add
unit tests".
• Type "/" at any time to see available commands.
• Use CTRL+C to interrupt the agent during generation.
• Use /exit to quit.
You are not authorized to perform this action
Please check your API key and email address are correct.
I have tried to re-create the API key several times but not succesful.
Until few hours ago, everything worked fine. But after my API key expired and I created a new one, it no longer worked.
Thank you for your support!