Some of our repositories are showing unexpected 1GB+ size. We are unable to push any changes due to the new size limit. Is there a way to reduce the repository size?
G'day, @om dev
From my observations, your workspace includes several repositories with large files. I has triggered garbage collection on most of them, but this did not significantly reduce the repository size due to the presence of large files. I recommend upgrading to a paid plan and use the 30-day trial period to help reduce your repository size. Please refer to our documentation below for guidance on using BFG tools to accomplish this.
Maintain a git repository
Once reduced, you can choose to cancel the trial or subscribe to our paid plan to enjoy the features we offer.
I hope this helps.
Regards,Syahrul
Hi @om dev ,
Below link explains how to reduce the repo size
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/reduce-repository-size/
That document focuses on the last bad commit that might contain a large file. But in our case, the actual size of the repository is < 50MB while the git nodes it self is 1GB!
I am assuming that someone from the Atlassian team can run a manual GC to resolve this issue. @Patrik S might be able to help here.
Thank you @Syahrul
Hi @Syahrul
I've cleaned my repo and pushed the changes, but it does not reflect on my Bitbucket dashboard, could you please run the GC once so I can make sure that the size is reduced?
Thank you
Hey @om dev
Can you share with me the last 4 letters of the affected repository where you made the changes?
Thanks!Syahrul
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.