Hi,
I want to export a list of tickets from a JIRA instance and import them in another JIRA instance. I have tried saving tickets in a CSV file and importing the CSV fil. It effectively import the tickets but not their attachements. Is there a way to import all tickets + attachments in JIRA.
Regards,
Julien
You can use JIRA's export/import project support. BUT, you first need to ensure a lot of configuration matches between the source and destination instances. (Such as workflows, CF's etc..)
We can help out with this as we have custom tools to do this, however, I also did spot this plugin which may help as well.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigurator
Hi,Thanks you for all your answers however I still don't have any solution to my problem:I have tried the project configurator pluggin with the evaluation license but it seems the this licence gives only the ability to upload a file (import) and not to create the export file (export), which is not very helpfull...
I have checked the link to https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=307038033but this is a manual workaround that I can't use. I have more than 500 issues to export from a JIRA instance and re-import them in another instance. I can't manually copy the attached file in a folder and put the hyperlink in the CVS file for more than 500 issues. What I need is actually pretty standard : Importing an exporting all tickets data.
You say that you have custom tools to import/export a list of Issue. Can you please develop more about those tools. I really need to know which tools you are talking about.- I used the basic export to excel on (Issues/View/Excel (All fields)) to create the csv file.- I then go to Import & Export / Import external projects / Import projects and issues from a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file into JIRA to import the CSV file. I have the issue imported but of course as the exported file is a CSV one, it does not import the attachements to the issues.Regards,
@Julien73, I created a Python script for importing issues from one JIRA project to another with comments and attachments, see https://github.com/mrts/ask-jira, export_import_issues_for_jql. Feel free to ask if you are unsure how to use it.
export_import_issues_for_jql
@Mart Sõmermaa - Hi Matt, great script and it works mostely perfect. ;-) The only issue I have is while adding the attatchment to the new Jira ticket. I always get an error 500 with an empty error text. Do you have any idea what could be the cause here?
I have identified the issue: The script currently doesn't support special characters like ä or é for attachment file names.
Thanks for the good words and for reporting the issue, Martin!
Please try the fix in this branch and see if if fixes the issue:
https://github.com/mrts/ask-jira/tree/attachment-normalize-filename
Here is the fix for review:
https://github.com/mrts/ask-jira/pull/2/files
Hi Mart,
I am facing below error while running 'export_import_issues_for_jql'.
AttributeError: type object 'PropertyHolder' has no attribute 'labels'
Can you please help me to resolve?
Details of the error:-
\jira-python\ask-jira>python ./ask-jira.py export_import_issues_for_jql "project = TMOVE AND issuetype not in subTaskIssueType) AND issuetype != Epic ORDER BY key ASC"About to export/import 50 issuesExporting TMOVE-134 Traceback (most recent call last):File "./ask-jira.py", line 133, in_main()File "./ask-jira.py", line 90, in _maincommand(jira, args)File "./ask-jira.py", line 59, in export_import_issues_for_jqlexportimportconfig, args.jql)File "D:\jira-python\ask-jira\lib\export_import.py", line 15, in export_import_issues_make_new_issues(source_jira, target_jira, issues, conf, result, None)File "D:\jira-python\ask-jira\lib\export_import.py", line 24, in _make_new_issuesfields = _get_new_issue_fields(issue.fields, conf)File "D:\jira-python\ask-jira\lib\export_import.py", line 66, in _get_new_issue_fieldsvalue = getattr(fields, name)AttributeError: type object 'PropertyHolder' has no attribute 'labels'
Thanks,
Sahidul
Does anyone know if this works when transfering data from an old instance of Jira into a brand new one?
The old version is
and the new version is
If you need to import attachments and you want to do that with the ask-jira script referred above, then yes, it works with the versions you listed.
This is a four-year old thread, your question and/or answers are probably irrelevant. I'd suggest asking a full question again for a wider audience and a more up-to-date answer
This is a 4-year old thread, your question and/or answers are probably irrelevant. I'd suggest asking a full question again for a wider audience and a more up-to-date answer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.