Hello,
I'm unable to add our JIRA server into the VS integration (Atlassian Connector, just downloaded) with the abovementioned error. I can reach JIRA without problems using the same address via the browser, and I double-checked my credentials.
The error details:
Failed to connect to server "GEBIT JIRA"
Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (417) Expectation Failed.<br><br>Url: http://jira.gebit-ms.de/rest/auth/1/session<br>Data: {"username":"xxxxxxxx","password":"xxxxxxxx"}
[...]
<h1>ERROR</h1> <h2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</h2> </div> <hr> <div id="content"> <p><b>Invalid Request</b> error was encountered while trying to process the request:</p> <blockquote id="data"> <pre>POST /rest/auth/1/session?os_username=xxxxxxxx&os_password=xxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: application/json
User-Agent: Atlassian-VS-Connector
Host: jira.gebit-ms.de
Content-Length: 47
Expect: 100-continue
Connection: Keep-Alive
</pre> </blockquote>
<p>Some possible problems are:</p> <ul> <li id="missing-method"><p>Missing or unknown request method.</p></li> <li id="missing-url"><p>Missing URL.</p></li> <li id="missing-protocol"><p>Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0).</p></li> <li><p>Request is too large.</p></li> <li><p>Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests.</p></li> <li><p>Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed.</p></li> <li><p>HTTP/1.1 <q>Expect:</q> feature is being asked from an HTTP/1.0 software.</p>
[...]
System.Net.WebException
at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.RestClient.jsonOp(String method, String tgtUrl, Object json, HttpStatusCode expectedCode)
at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.RestClient.restLogin()
at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.RestJiraServerFacade.login(JiraServer server)
at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.SmartJiraServerFacade.<>c__DisplayClass2.<login>b__0(JiraServer param0)
at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.SmartJiraServerFacade.delegatedVoid(JiraServer server, DelegateVoid rest, DelegateVoid classic)
at Atlassian.plvs.api.jira.facade.SmartJiraServerFacade.login(JiraServer server)
at Atlassian.plvs.dialogs.jira.TestJiraConnection.testConnection()
What further information can I provide to enable you analyzing the issue?
Thanks, cheers,
Tim dos Santos
(by the way, I noticed that in the error details the username and password (!) are shown in plain text several times - you may want to change that asap! I removed my credentials in the above pasted snippet.)