How do I get rid of "None" as a value in a Radio Button, Checkbox, or Select List custom field.
Whenever I create any of these custom fields, "None" is there by default and I would like for it to go away.
you make field mandatory on field configuration then "None" option will disapper.
another way is you can modify velocity files for this check the following document
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Remove+'NONE'+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field
another way is using Javascript(let me know if you want do this way)
There is also a non-hacky way where the field is made mandatory. That will not take away the "None" option but you will be forced to select another one (unless you gave another value as default).
If you must get rid of None, follow Rambanam's advise.
I have the same problem in my JIRA 5.1 instance. I changed one of my select fields to Required in the field configuration. Now it will not let me select None, which is an improvement, but it still shows None as an option, which is a problem still. Is that expected when making the field required?
Note that editing the velocity files removes None from ALL the Select lists in your instance of JIRA, according to the documentation @rambanam posted a link to.
You answered my question about None still showing when the field is Required before I even asked it! Thanks @Jobin.
Yes, it will remove "None" option globally if velocity templetes edited.
as i said by making field required on field configuration it will hide none apart from this we need to set default value for that field
You have to make the field required, then the 'none' won't be there anymore.
Not true... I have done this and it still shows up. I am on JIRA 7.4
@Joe Harmon you have to make it required and also set a default value in the field context. Then the None value will disappear.
Yeah that's the problem. I shouldn't have to set a default value. The point of having the check list is that you won't know the value until the time you are filling it out. but thank you for clarifying the response.
As Joe Harmon stated, the point of having a select list is that the value is not known until it is being filled out. What if the select list is environments in which an account is to be created? .. there can be no default environment. If a choice is not made, then the Jira ticket should not be capable of being raised. Question originally asked in 2013 .. 8 years later and select list (single choice) custom field remains half-baked.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.