Hello, my question is if it's possible to import a whole folder (with sub folders and word documents / pdfs as example) in Confluence? Maybe it's possible via a plug in but i haven't found anything usefull till now.
Thank you
Hey Daniel,
Here is a Plugin in for Confluence, but just for version 4.0 - 4.0.5.
Which version do you have?
Thanks JD for your answer but I've installed the newest version 5.6.4. Is there any other possible way?
The attachments section is not organized by folder. The only way to keep the structure would be to zip the folders and upload the zip file.
how do you upload a zip file? You mean from the Create>/File list option?
Ok, just to make sure we're on the same page. Do you want said folder to be attached to an existing page, or are you trying to create pages from a folder full of documents?
I think the fastest way is to drag and drop it in the attachement section. Did you solved your problem
Go on the Page you want to upload your folders > Tools > Attachments
There should be a Drag&Drop field, you can put all your stuff in here and its uploading it.
You can add the Makro Attachments to your page too, it can be allowed to have a drag&drop field too.
Yes, already solved it days ago. Thanks anyway!
I'm trying to use Confluence as a Technical Writing tools and want to bring our current existing manual. The Attachment option only attaches (as the name says!) but that is not what I want. I used Tools>Import Word Document to bring in the files. But still interested to know a better/faster way to bring the whole manual.
I like the suggestions being offered, Daniel, can you share how you resolved the question? I would like to know what you did. Thanks.
Hi Katie, to solve the problem I used WebDAV. It's already installed with confluence you just need to activate it.
Thank you Daniel. I appreciate you getting back to me.
no you cant upload a folder tree by doing this...
Only files
So, there is no way to import doc files from a folder ? Only text files can be imported this way ?
Cause we have lots of docs files containing images we would like to import and we can not transform to text files first because of those images...
Can you detail how it works please? Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.