I created a Custom Field Plugin and installed it successfully.
But the custome field does not appear in the JIRA [Administration] -> [Issues] -> [Fields] -> [Custom Fileds].
How can I do it programmtically?
To be clear here, have you developed a "Custom field", or a "custom field type"?
Most custom field plugins provide a field type, not a field, as you usually want to let the administrators add the actual field (they decide on name, screens, context and so-on), and often you want more than one.
To clarify, do you see your field type when you go to
JIRA [Administration] -> [Issues] -> [Fields] -> [Custom Fileds] -> add new field ?
Or did you really write a new hardcoded field?
Probably I created a 'Custom Field Type' without knowing it.
I created the plugin module referencing to the page below.
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Custom+Field+Plugin+Module
I described the tag belowin the atlassian-plugin.xml.
<customfield-type/>
There is no entry in the [Administration]'s [Custom Fields].
I thought that might be the case - plugin *types* are quite common and are what is listed in the example codes, even if the target system only needs a single instance of them. Because they're more common, we're more familiar with the debugging of them.
The things to check are:
1. The Plugin is successfully installed.
2. The Plugin is successfully enabled.
3. There is no error in the log.
4. But JIRA Administration does not detect the Custom Field.
So I suspect that there is something missing in the source code.
I list the full source below.
Please tell me where I misunderstand.
1. Java Class
public class LuminousTextArea extends TextAreaCFType { public LuminousTextArea( CustomFieldValuePersister customFieldValuePersister, GenericConfigManager genericConfigManager) { super(customFieldValuePersister, genericConfigManager); }}
2. atlassian-plugin.xml
<customfield-type key="customFieldTest" name="Custom Field Test" class="***.LuminousTextArea"> <resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/view.vm"/> <resource type="velocity" name="edit" location="templates/edit.vm"/> </customfield-type>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.