My transitions are not firing for some reason. When a bug is moved from Active to Resolved I want JIRA to show a screen which prompts the user to set the Assigned and Resolution fields. Instead, JIRA just moves the issue to the next status. What might I be missing?
Thanks in advance for the help.
image2015-7-21 17:10:45.png
You have 2 transitions to the same status (21 and 61), so probably the transition that is activated is 21, while you are aiming to get transition 61.
If this is true - you need to make sure (using conditions) that transition 21 isn't fired for Bug tickets from Active status while transition 61 fires only for Bug tickets.
Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks for the assistance.
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. We have the following Statuses, Open, Active, Resolved, Closed, Deployed and Blocked. I want people to be able to transition from any Status to any Status. However, when a Bug moves from any Status to Resolved I want to require that the Resolution field has a value set. How can I accomplish this?
image2015-7-22 10:37:33.png
Using a Simple Script validator (which can be added if you have Script Runner installed) you should use something like this: issue.issueTypeObject.name != 'Bug' || (issue.issueTypeObject.name == 'Bug' && issue.resolution?.name != null) However, I would advise filling the resolution field for all ticket type either way, since this is considered best practices and might help you later with reports etc.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.