Hello Everybody,
I’m currently implementing a ConfiForms-based booking system using a datetimeinterval field (datum) and a checkbox_group field (Geraete) to allow users to book one or more devices for a selected time period.
What I’ve achieved so far:
I successfully implemented the validation logic described in the official documentation to prevent overlapping bookings.
datum.startDate: <= [entry.datum.endDate] AND
datum.endDate: >= [entry.datum.startDate] AND
!id:[entry.id]
This correctly prevents overlapping bookings across all records.
My problem:
This rule currently blocks any overlapping booking, regardless of which device is selected. But I want the validation to apply only if the same device is already booked during the selected time range.
For example:
If Waffle Iron is already booked from 12:00 to 14:00, users should not be able to book Waffle Iron again in that time.
But they should still be able to book Grill or Sound System during the same time.
My goal:
To build a validation rule that only checks for time overlap when at least one selected device in the new record matches a device already booked in the same time interval.
Thanks a Lot
Enrico