I'm working with Jira DC 9.12.x / JSD 5.12.x
I have created Asset objects that include an Attribute of type User. This field is set to a Jira user account. Note that the users are not defined as Asset Objects.
The goal is to display in an Issue Description field the name of a user specified in a User attribute in an asset object associated to the issue through a custom Asset Object field.
In an Asset Object I have an attribute of type User where I am selecting a Jira user account. In the UI it resolves to display the user's name and a link to their profile.
But in Automation Rules when I execute a ScriptRunner Lookup Asset action, the resulting object shows the value of the attribute as the user_key from the app_user table.
Smart values that work for User picker fields in issues, like reporter.displayName, don't work for User attributes in asset objects (i.e. lookupAsset.attributes.Owner.displayName)
I suspect I would have to use a Send Web Request action and access the REST API to get the user information.
EDIT: I was thinking about trying to copy the User attribute from the asset object into a User Picker field in the issue so I could get the user account info from the issue field. In Jira DC there is a native post function for Assets that includes an option for "update Jira issue custom field from Asset object attribute". However it doesn't support User attributes/User picker issue fields. There is also a option to set the issue Assignee based on a User attribute in an object, but the only issue field that is supported is Assignee - you can't select another User Picker issue field.
The client has ScriptRunner available, as well as JMWE, JSU, and JWT.
Is there any other solution?