When I open my trello cards, the card has changed in it's formatting. The Description and other items are on the left and the comments are on the right. How do I change it back to what it was where everything was underneath?
Hello @Samantha Skidmore This is the new interface on the back of cards. You can't revert to the previous version or configure it to your preferences.It's certainly not perfect, but having comments and activity on the side is better (for me) than at the bottom, since I often have long descriptions and lots of custom fields. Now I don't have to scroll down constantly.
Came here to support this. I too wasted time trying to find the way to change to the layout that I prefer. Surely we are beyond forcing layouts on users. A "side-by-side" or "stacked" option for "comments and activity" would be easy to implement and inline with modern web applications.
I use Trello on a vertically oriented monitor that I have for the specific purpose of viewing certain apps that have long content (which all my Trello boards have). This is actually easy to set up in Windows and lot of people use. When I edit a checklist item, the buttons look like this, which just re-enforces that it wasn't designed or tested for common resolutions:
The comments (which I do want to see) now annoyingly takes up half the screen, whereas if it's underneath I can easily see the most recent stuff and just scroll down further if I need more.
Thanks. My co-workers Trello doesn't look like mine. It looks like it did before. Mine just randomly changed one day.
Hi @Samantha Skidmore This new experience is being gradually rolled out. Over the course of few weeks your co-workers will have the same experience.
We have been showing in-app messages and sent emails informing of the upcoming change. I understand things can be lost or skipped through during our busy work days, I've been there for sure.
If you have any thoughts to share about the new cardback design - we continue to evolve it, I'll be happy to hear your feedback!
Hi Atlassian - please offer the option to switch it back.
Hear, hear
@Victor Dronov A few people asked, but I don't see the answer. How do we revert to the original layout?
we can't =(
@LeoAtlassian @atlassiahn
I'm tagging some Atlassian team members. Does the Atlassian Team look at comments in the forums? There seems to be many of us not happy with the format change and would like the option to go back to the classic/original view. I would like to know if this is something being discussed with those who make these decisions.
Hi @Samantha Skidmore All comments in this and other threads are being read and considered. Thank you for your detailed feedback above in this thread.
@Victor Dronov
Do we have any hope of it going back to the original view? The working screen is so much smaller which makes the comments smaller and difficult to read. Am I wasting my time checking these messages?
My view just changed today - and 40 minutes in and I'm still having issues. Co-worker had hers change 3 days ago and she is now unable to access through her phone app while she is in the field due to the smaller view size - which removes our 'real time' progress of projects. We definitely would like the option to revert back to previous view. We have been a Trello user since 2017
I myself have spent so much time trying to get the old view back. This new view will not work for what we use Trello for. We need the option to chose view.
I'm late to the game on this, but I'm throwing my hat in with those that do not appreciate the new Card layout and as mattkemp noted early in this string, "Surely we are beyond forcing layouts on users." I'd actually prefer a company that tells me before it happens, "We're gonna do this so, deal with it!" to one that makes a change and then says, "Sorry. This is how it is now and we can't change it back." Layouts cannot be a feature that is hardwired and the system cannot handle two layout options...I'm not buying it. Trello's updates are usually for the positive so this is a disappointing occurrence; hopefully, they don't continue down this pathway. If they do, they should go work for Microsoft.
Has anyone found a browser extension that fixes this? I would even take that at this point as a stop gap solution.
Many of our team members rely on the comments section as their primary workspace. With the new side-by-side card layout, that space has become uncomfortably narrow, making day-to-day use frustrating. We understand that experimenting with new interfaces is part of product growth, but forcing everyone into the same design is unnecessary. It would be far more reasonable to offer the option to choose between layouts.
We have even seen remarks from Atlassian staff suggesting that users who dislike the change will eventually have no choice but to accept it. That approach feels dismissive of user concerns. Is it really fair to disregard the large number of customers who find this design change impractical? Listening and responding to feedback is what shows respect for your community.
Was really happy to see this fixed the other day - at least on certain window sizes, where the comments are now underneath - which fixes it for me.
Thanks!
What's your configuration/window sizes that you're seeing changes on. I have not seen anything change unfortunately.
at 940-ish pixels wide the window responsively changes from side-by-side to comments being underneath.
more than 940px wide, comments on the side:
less than 940px, comments below:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.