I can't figure out how to see and edit other staff members' time sheets in the Tempo plugin. I am trying to bill time for another user in cases where two users work together on a ticket.
I have revised the following permission settings per the Tempo documentation so that they all seem correct:
Tempo Permissions
Configure Time Tracking
Edit All Worklogs
Brows Projects
What am I missing?
Hi, in my work I have a supervisor who it's in the admin group for our team, he has the ability to log hours for the team. You have to check the option "Team leader can log work for team members"
and make sure you are on the admin group of the team and the users are on the normal group of the team.
From the module navigation, select Tempo... then under the Timesheets section, select the User option. Select the appropriate user in the User dropdown, then click the Log Work button. Select the issue you want to log to and then you should see the Logged and Orginal Estimate values presented for the issue, as well as a field to enter the time the other user worked. Hope this works for ya!
The issue is that I can not see the other users in Tempo order to bill time for them. I try searching in the dropdown and no other names are displayed. I am also unable to see the other staff members' billed time. I have checked the permissions and it seems that I should be able to see them.
I looked for the option that allows team leaders to log work for team members. It was already checked. I then saw the dropdown in that same list that says "Project role to view other users". That dropdown has specified roles that I do not see can be edited. We do not have roles that match what the dropdown gave me. I created a role in my project that matched the name of a role in this dropdown and then added the relevant staff to it. It works now. Thanks for getting me going on the right track.
That is also doable with Log Work Utilities plugin https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.log-work-utilities/server/overview
It offers standard JIRA Log Work dialog extended by additional "User" field. Simply select "Log Work Extended" option/action located next to standard "Log Work" on the issue page and enjoy.
I'am afraid "This add-on is no longer maintained"
"Its functionality will be included intohttps://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.startwork/server/overview"
(but I cannot see this functionnality in the new plugin (yet?)
True. Log Work Utilities add-on is no longer supported and its functionality will be added to Automated Log Work add-on.
Regards, Gebsun
A simple solution is to use this plugin:
Log work as another user
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/es.sistel.plugins.jira.logwork-as-another-user/server/overview
That allows you to log work on behalf of another user of your choice.
Regards
For some reason it seems that recent;y i cannot plan time for others anymore. I can only plantime for myself. And yes i have all the permissions needed (Global, Project, Team - Jira-admin).
Jira server 7.11
Tempo Timesheets 9.4.2
Anyone know what happened here?
Currently it seems one can log time (permissions etc ok first) to other team members by selecting Teams , clicking the correct team and then the Timesheet button. Now you see all team members and can log time for any of them.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.