I am installing JIRA Trial base on external database . Do i need to install confluence to be able to configure jira web.
Hi Caroline,
If you just want to use JIRA then you do not need to install Confluence. JIRA is a self contained application with its own web-based interface.
Hope that answers the question?
Andrew.
When I am trying to configure JIRA from web "Http:// :8080/secure/setupdatabase" even though I am entering correct info still I am getting " -Error connecting to database Communication link failure the last packet send successfully to the server was 0 millisecond ago . The driver has not recieve any packet from the server."
what I am missing.
If JIRA and the database are on separate servers it could be a networking or firewall issue. From your JIRA server do you get a connection if you telnet from a terminal window / command prompt?
From the error message I'm assuming you're using MySQL? If so, it may be that MySQL is not configured to allow remote connections, have a look at http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-enable-remote-access-to-mysql-database-server.html for details on how to enable remote connections.
Thanks , that was it .
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.