So I have the following Workflow:
Basically, I want users to be able to cancel a task at any point. Now, of course this creates a loop from Canceled to Canceled.
For the love of me I cannot find a way to enter a condition as stated here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-66496?focusedId=1520985&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-1520985
"You can easily add a condition to the All transition and check the value for Status != "My All Transition Status). That will prevent going from open to open again."
I'm on Jira Server 10 and my condition options are very limited:
So how can I do to allow all statuses to transition to "Cancel" except for Cancel?
Hello @Mariano ,Welcome to the Community ! The link you've shared is of Cloud version and same state transition blocking ("Previous Status Condition") isn't available for Data Center version. You may have this feature via third party plugin ex. scriptrunner.
Hello @Piyush Annadate _ACE Pune_ ! Thanks for the warm welcome! Is there any workaround that does not rely on thrid Party plugins? I'm working in a very tight environment with no access to many plugins.
Hi,In such case the loop cannot be disabled as jira data center doesn't have a check for previous conditions. Probably just remove the ALL for CANCELLED and draw transition from each to it.
Ugh, yeah I think I'll have to go that way. I did consider it but didn't like it since it was quite ugly but I'm left with no other choice, so!
Thanks a lot for the help @Piyush Annadate _ACE Pune_ , kudos going your way~!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.