I need to disable a bunch of users and wonder if this can be done with CLI.
Browsing the documentation I see I can remove users or remove users from groups, but is there a way they can be disabled?
The best way to disable them in this case would be to remove the users from any groups, specifically the confluence-users group. This will allow them to log in but they will not be able to view anything.
Agree and removeUserFromGroup is the action.
I used the removeUserFromGroup action and specified confluence-users group. I realize this disables the account, but doesn't remove the user from other groups. Is there a way to get all of the groups to which the user belongs and remove them from all groups? I thought specifying --autoGroup would do it, but it errors with "Line must have both userID and group separated by comma". So the --file would need to contain a line for each group that a userid belongs to. Would be nice to extract that using CLI and then run the action removeUserFromGroupWithFile. Is that possible?
Ah, I see that I can query the DB to get the users' groups. I'll do that in order to generate a CSV list of users and their groups.
Does removing from all groups also remove them from license count?
Also someone with the necessary reputation please tag this to confluence-cli-command-line-interface
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.