I'm having problems running a clean install of Stash on Amazon EC2 linux. I have verified that the stash home, and java home variables have been set correctly. Java is using oracle 7 update 51 as well.
I have turned on debug logging and you can find my log files at the links below.
catalina.out
https://gist.github.com/todd2982/9291741
atlassian-stash.log
https://gist.github.com/todd2982/9291725
EC2 Micro does not have the resources to host the tomcat server needed for stash. Moved to larger instance without issue.
Hi Todd,
Thanks for the logs. What happens when you try to connect to Stash? Do you get an unavailable screen, something about plugins not started?
It's hard to tell what went wrong from the logs, normally it's fairly easy because there will be errors. My guess is that Stash is taking too long to start and all the plugins are timing out:
2014-03-01 15:44:25,541 WARN [active-objects-ddl-0] c.a.a.o.AOConfigurationServiceProviderImpl Timeout (30000 MILLISECONDS) waiting for ActiveObjectConfiguration for Bundle : com.atlassian.stash.build-integration [64].
You might be able to increase that timeout by setting the following System property:
-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300
This discussion may be of interest, it's not about Stash but about problems running JIRA on EC2:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42729/jira-fails-to-start-due-to-bundled-plugin-is-disabled-after-upgrade-from-4-4-to-5-0
Finally, I might suggest raising a support ticket as well
Cheers,
Charles
Charles,
I never can get to the website. I either get connection time outs or connection refused. I assume the refusal is because I'm not giving tomcat enough time to start.
I will try this first thing in the AM. I assume this belongs in the start-stash.sh script?
Try the setenv.sh script instead.
That command does not seem to be vailid for Stash.
bin/setenv.sh: line 37: -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300: command not found
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.