HOw can I trigger an action on an issue update. Workflow validators and post functions are not enough. I want to be able to make sure that anyone that was ever an assignee to a ticket is in the watcher field even if they are no longer the current assignee. I have part of this working in the workflow but the assignee can change without going through a transision.
You'll need to find or write a listener that can pick up "issue assigned" and "issue edited" events (then it can basically run the same code as your post-function, although it'll also need to re-index the issue as well)
I'd also check if the JIRA Automation Plugin makes it easier. I know that it can intercept the "issue updated" events, but I'm not sure if its "Edit issue" action is flexible enough for your purposes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.