Hello - I am not all the knowledgeable about configuring JIRA to do what I need, but am trying to understand if it can do what I'm looking for.
I have a JIRA Service Desk that is currently just configured for some to submit an Issue if they need to consult with my team. This works just fine.
What I am trying to do now, is configure it in such a manner that a user can request an ownership change for a technical resource (outside of JIRA) and have the request 'APPROVED' by the new owner of the asset.
For instance a user would submit a JIRA request to:'Change ownership of cloud asset 123456' to user: user123@domain.com' (or perhaps a userid that should be resolvable to our own AD domain).
Once the 'Requester' of the Issue submits a ticket to change ownership for the specific asset to another user, the 'new user' would have to 'Approve' that change.
With this, we would have a flow that basically.
--> Allows the current owner of the asset to 'Submit a request to change ownership' for
--> Asset '12345'
--> to New Owner 'owner@domain.com' (or ownerid)
--> the 'New Owner' then 'approves' that they are in fact the owner
At this point, the request has been successfully completed and the 'new owner' is then designated as the current owner for that asset (in a different application).
The 'Asset', and 'New Owner' fields would be mandatory fields. And, the 'Approval' of the new owner would be mandatory to successfully close the request.
Is this possible in JIRA? If it is, how would I accomplish this.
Thank you,