Hi,
How to have URL aliasing in JIRA or is it even possible?
For example ScrumBoard has a URL - https://myjira.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=239
instead I would like it to be --> https://myjira.com/secure/MyProjectScrumBoard
Thanks,
No, there's nothing in Jira to do that. It's not really particularly useful
I think in large teams specially distribued it can be pretty useful.
I'm not quite sure how - if you need to see rapid board 239, then you want a url to rapid board 239 - myprojectscrumboard could be anything, and worse, meaningless to anyone who isn't working on exactly the same thing as you.
Urls need to be distinct for what they're for, and you'd need to think through exactly how you handle multiple boards and views before you can begin to define a useful scheme for generating them. Ok, so being able to name a board and use that name in a url might be a slight improvement, but you've still got the problem that everyone is simply going to choose "my scrum board" as a name and then post that, so you need a way to make it unique again, and I don't think /secure/<persons login id>/<name of board> is really any more friendly than /rapidboard-239
I found this question because we are searching for prettier URLs to.
Currently the board URLs of our projects are
.../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=111
.../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=112
.../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=113
and so on...
Well, do you think everyone knows which projects board had ID 111 and which 112? Most users won't know, so this links are quite meaningless.
When JIRA offers the possibility to give each board a name, why don't use this name in the URL?
.../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=AngryNerds
.../secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=HappyBirds
would be quite more readable.
So is there any possibilty to get this kind of urls from JIRA?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.