We are currently running a Jira instance that contains of a number of projects in which we track internally raised product issues i.e. QA finds issue, documents it, Dev fixes it etc. etc.'. A very basic, out of the box, work flow to which we have made a very small set of customizations.
We now enter a new phase where we want to track customer generated issues as well, and give anonymous users read-only' access to the project(s) against which they have reported issues.
I am leaning towards creating separate Jira projects to track these customer issues, as the workflow will be different from the workflow associated to the 'internal' projects. Customers will be able to indirectly create issue by making email requests.
I am a nembie when it comes to configuring Jira. I have been reading up on the existing documentation, but before I start making any changes and potentially cause some damage or develop an environment that will eventaully be hard to maintain, I would like to know what is the best practise around implementing this scenario. I assume that I will be best off creating my own sets of 'Issue Type Scheme', 'Workflow', 'Screens' and 'Permissions' schemes based of the default schemes?
Any help/pointers will be much appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Maarten