I have recently performed what I initially thought was a successful migration of Bamboo from Windows Server 2008 to Ubuntu 16.
What I have found however is that the Application Link between Bamboo and JIRA - which is essential as we use JIRA to manage releases - was broken and has so far proven impossible to re-establish.
Initially, I deleted the link from JIRA and re-added it with the new Bamboo url. However, it did not display in the list, but was present in the database because I could not re-add it (nor, obviously, delete it).
I followed the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-remove-application-link-directly-through-jira-database-285839519.html to delete the AppLink that is invisible in JIRA and then re-added it. However this made no difference - the AppLink is still invisible and cannot be used.
My question therefore is - what is the most reliable way for me to remove all Application Links, including 'invisible ones - from both JIRA and Bamboo and start over by creating them all from scratch.