We have a 500 cal Confluence license and a 100 cal JIRA license.
We would like the Confluence users to be able to list JIRA content, e.g. a list of issues that was resolved in the last version, without needing a JIRA license.
I'm unable to get this to work for Trusted Apps, Oauth (with and without impersonation) and Basic access. Users that have a user in both systems will be able to log in and see the information with Trusted Apps and OAuth without impersonation (assuming they authenticate in the last example). If the logged in user in Confluence do not have a user in Jira, this error message is shown (this is expected as I understand that Trusted Apps need the same user in both systems):
JIRA Issues Macro: The JIRA server returned a trusted apps error: PERMISSION_DENIED; Permission Denied; []
With impersonation/OAuth or Basic Access, it fails with the following:
JIRA Issues Macro: JIRA project does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.
I have created a user for this in JIRA, and within JIRA that user can run the same query and get the result. So the user and access rights work just fine - but somehow it fails when we cross the border between the two systems.
Shouldn't I be able to use Basic Access for this, or at least OAuth with impersonation