Are you a natural goal getter, or do you need a bit of a nudge from your friends, family, or manager? While I love setting personal goals, working towards them methodically, and achieving them, my professional goals are another story. I often struggle to identify what to work on that will have the greatest impact on my day-to-day job and future career.Â
While we're already into quarter two of this year, I'd love to hear how you are goal setting - and, more importantly, goal GETTING! 💪 Goal setting isn't something that needs to happen in January (especially when most people drop those goals/resolutions by mid-January!)
I started a new job in January and am finally settled in enough to see areas for improvement. Being at a super small company also means that we don't have any formalized methods in place just yet. The Work Life blog has some great tips in this blog post:Â How to harness the power of professional development goals
I'm most excited to...
- Try out the values cards to help identify my core values
- Use the SMART framework (as a former teacher, this one always speaks to me!)
- Figure out what inspires me to improve (I think the core values activity will really help with this one!)
- Use the buddy system - hands down, my favorite one!

Â
Soooo, tell me in the comments - are you a goal getter? What are your professional goals this year? Any favorite personal goals you're working towards?