I've have a local version of Stash running and all the local developers have access to it. For internal projects, everything is fine.
I am having trouble working on a client's project however. I need to be able to clone his git repo, push it into Stash so that we can all work on it, and once we are done making our internal changes, push a final change back to the client. For all intents and purposes, the client will not be getting all the day-to-day commits, only the final product.
What is the best way to accomplish this? If I clone the repo in my Git client (ex: Sourcetree) and push it to Stash, how do I ensure that the Stash version remains up-to-date with the client's? ie: if the client adds new functionality to their code base, we would like to have it as well. Is my only choice to periodically pull changes from the client in Sourcetree, and then push them to Stash?
Is there any automated way of doing something like this?
Thanks,
Eric