This image is from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Adding+the+Filter+Results+Gadget
How do you get sub-tasks to show up like that, in the summary field? Mine still show the "DEMO-3/Teach dove to fly" format.
You shouldn't have to do anything special to get that display - simply showing the "summary" field should do it (does here - Jira 4.0 and 5.1)
We are using 5.0, and 5.1 and neither do it. They still show the old format. We have sub tasks, but it doesnt show it like that. Very strange.
Actually, I'm terribly sorry, I've misled you completely. My fault, I'm in the middle of upgrading a plugin that displays subtasks and I was looking at that and not the actual filter results gadget.
The picture you've posted IS the old 4.x display. Version 5.1 (And I'd assume 5.0) has been changed, so that summary says "parent / summary of subtask", all on one line, instead of the two-line with a little red dotted line icon.
I'd say the documentation is out of date and needs updating.
And, I'd like to see the old subtask display back, I preferred it too.
Yup, sorry. Too close to upgrades and coding. We all make mistakes sometimes ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.