Is it possible for the annoument banner rotate between different information, this would be used globally. Can this be managed through the front end or backend?
If this is possible can there be a timer set on how long it would take for it to rotate?
For this from what I wanted I have entered the following in the announcement banner (front end) and it got what I had wanted
<style type="text/css"> Marquee Test { font-size: 12px; -webkit-marquee-direction: forwards; -webkit-marquee-increment: 1px; -webkit-marquee-speed: fast; -webkit-marquee-style: scroll;}
marquee span { margin-right:100%;}
</style></head>
<body>
<div id="Marquee Test"><marquee scrollamount="10" loop="infinite" display="inline"><b>Welcome to NJW Service Desk</b><span></span>Planned Maintenance - Jira will be unavailable during this time 05/09/14 05:00 UK Time<span></span></marquee></div>
</body></html>
Hi Brian,
The announcement banner actually accepts any kind of javascript customisation, so you can certainly set a timer or an event for it to rotate information. In this topic you will see a similar question, which the information is going to be changed when it's clicked:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21068560/change-text-every-time-button-clicked
You will just have to change the event from onclick to use a timer, which you can see in this page:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_timing.asp
Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Does help alot thanks.
Where can I find the area which I need to change to enter this information?
As a system administrator, broswe through System > User Interface > Announcement Banner. Then input your javascript/html code, select the visibility level and save it.
For more information you can follow this document:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+an+Announcement+Banner
I have just entered a bad java script now I cannot see the main display of the screen?
What Can I do now?
It would help if the question (and answers) would mention that JIRA is the product where the announcement banner may be set. When searching for a solution for Confluence, this should not be found ...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.