Hello,
I'm planning bamboo featured deployment for my project.
I want to deploy my project after a successfull build using REMOTE SSH command which will checkout latest code. But in this approach I feel that I have to receive success msg from git-checkout return and provide it to the deployment task which will flag it pos/neg.
Furthermore, If I want to make a manual deployment based on particulary branch (auto fetched by deployment plan) can I extract this information in my specified deployment task. For example: if I want to deploy branch release/R1-1 I would use the same plan but I want to send a name this branch to the SSH command script which should check it out and return 1; (exit 0; on failure)
More that I think it will be more realiable to tag each build and pull this tag based on particulary build - it enables a rollback to specifiec tag (build), right?
Is this all possible?
What makes the deployment flagged as succeded?
Do particulary deployment tasks return something?
Should I reveive any of success parameter after processing?
exit 0; is the answer? Is this the only posibillity to "send message" to bamboo that deploy fails?