Dear all,
The JIRA reindex is rather quite irritating.
On more than one occasion, reasons unknown, the JQL search fails. When the system is reindexed, this is magically resolved.
I understand that JIRA prompts for explicit reindex whenever there is a change from the Admin side - ex : Changes to Custom Field, Workflow etc.
I can assure that nothing of this kind has happened.
The steps I followed to leave index out of sync is -
1) Created a JQL search that resulted in 104 issues.
2) Did a bulk edit and updated one of the Custom Field.
3) Ran the JQL : Project = "ABC" and issuetype = "Bug" and updated >=-1d
The search result gives me just 48 issues and the remaining 56 is not listed !!
But, when I open one of the issues from this "buggy" listing of 56 issues, the updated date is bang on - 5 Dec 2011.
Then why dint the JQL "Project = "ABC" and issuetype = "Bug" and updated >=-1d" capture this ?
This reindex behaviour is driving us crazy.
Does anybody know the root cause for this & possible solution too ?
Background : We are using JIRA 4.0 and JIRA application and Oracle DB are located on 2 different machines connected by a high speed LAN.