My Experience with Atlassian Intelligence - Not Quite There Yet
After my inquiry about whether Atlassian Intelligence could create Trello boards and cards from natural language prompts went unanswered, I decided to explore the feature myself during my trial period.
What I was hoping for was the ability to simply prompt the AI with something like: "Create a 'Master Board' to track three product lines (Dress Shoes, Dress Boots, and Casual Shoes/Boots) for X Global Sales. Set up Lists for each product line with sample descriptions and assign team members Tony, Ben, and Suzie to manage them."
Unfortunately, I've discovered that Atlassian Intelligence's capabilities are considerably more limited than anticipated. While it can perform basic tasks such as summarizing content, suggesting actions, and answering questions about card contents, it falls short of the generative capabilities I was hoping for.
In 2022, these features might have been impressive, but in 2025, they feel underwhelming compared to what other AI tools can accomplish. Modern LLMs like Claude Anthropic can actually create artifacts rather than merely providing written instructions on how to manually complete tasks yourself.
After testing the Premium features, I'm leaning toward the Standard plan ($5/month), which offers excellent value with:
- Unlimited boards
- Planner functionality
- Advanced checklists
- Card mirroring
- Custom Fields
- Generous storage (Unlimited with 250MB/file)
- 1,000 Workspace command runs monthly
- Single board guests
- Saved searches
These features provide tangible productivity benefits at a reasonable price point. The Premium plan's additional $5/month for Atlassian Intelligence, Views, and unlimited Workspace commands doesn't currently justify the cost gap given the limited AI capabilities.
Had Atlassian Intelligence offered more robust generative features similar to what's available from leading AI assistants, the Premium tier would have been a compelling upgrade. As it stands, I'll continue testing during my trial period, but Standard appears to be the sweet spot for value in 2025.