I'm currently trialling Stash and JIRA on my machine, to see if they are what we want.
I've got the integration setup between them, so from JIRA I can create a branch in Stash from an Issue, and the issue gets updated with branches and pull requests and so on, but I've run into a user management issue I'm a bit confused by.
At the moment I have Stash using its own internal user directory, and JIRA using its own internal user directory, as I was not sure exactly what the best way to handle the users would be, for example:
- If I set it up so Stash used the JIRA user directory, and we had JIRA open for public signups, presumably that would mean any user on JIRA would be able to login to Stash? (In reality we'd have it only internally accessible I suspect, but in theory would that be the case?)
- Alternatively if it was the other way round and JIRA used the Stash user directory, would we still be able o have JIRA open for public signups?
The other issue I'm having, which I assume is related to this, is that I've created a user in Stash (called "jimbob") and I added him to a "stash-reviewers" group which has the Project permissions, so he can Approve pull requests (I couldn't find any detailed permissions for this sort of thing just overall "System Admin", "Admin", "Project Creator", etc... And when he views the Pull request, whilst he can see the link to the JIRA issue, when he clicks on it, it says:
Can't display issues
Either you don't have access to view them or they don't exist. Please contact your system administrator if you believe this is incorrect.
My admin account can view the JIRA issue from inside Stash just fine, when logged into just Stash and not JIRA in the browser, so I'm not sure if this is a permissions thing, or because the user "jimbob" only exists in Stash and not JIRA, or...?
Could anyone shed any light on these issues for me?
Cheers.