hey,
what i am trying to achieve is creating JIRA Release notes in Confluence with Confluence API, same as which we use using GUI.
IS it possible to create release notes using API or not ?
I think the first question to answer here is, what do you consider to be release notes? Just a list of all issues in a release? Or should there be comments with them or something? I think that at the very least you could write a script which would parse JIRA's REST API and then push a page into your Confluence via the API there.
we need only jira issues with its status as our release notes.
I think the easiest way to do this would be to have a server running which accepts POST requests from JIRA via Webhooks (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Webhooks) and then uses the information to identify the appropriate page in Confluence, and updates that using the REST API https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-rest-api/confluence-rest-api-examples
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.