Hi there,
I've asked this question before but can't find my thread so sending in again.
When an email is sent to a board, it populates it with all the attachments. If it's a large email thread it can contain hundreds of attachments. Little logo's Icons links etc from everyone's signatures. These compound every time an email is sent in that thread to the board repeatedly adding the same attachments over and over again.
Now, it's only a problem if you have genuine attachments in the list of hundreds that you want to look at or several to look through. I have on many occasions spent time clicking on each one and deleting them individually.
What I've suggested in the past is to have a check box like you get on emails and windows explorer to select individual attachments or all and then unselect the ones you want to keep and then delete them.
Also, if the attachment was already in the thread, i.e. the same name, size/meta data or whatever way possible to detect if it already exists, simply don't add it (I say simply, lol)
Hope that makes sense.
All the best
David Wright.