Hi All,
I want to display a message in all pages of my space with a link that jumps to the newer version of the page, without having to add URLs manually.
Is there a way to do this please?
Thanks!
For anyone looking into this thread, this is what I have been looking for: Confluence Space Jump Macro. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf59/space-jump-macro-792499201.html.
I don't quite understand the question. When you look at a confluence page, you are always looking at the current version (i.e. "newer"). The url for a page does not change when you edit it and create a newer version.
To look at older versions of a page, you have to be digging through the page history. Which has a link to the current version on it already.
So, I'm not really sure what you are looking for here?
Hi Nirdesha,
It sounds like you're using Confluence for documentation and you've got pages for different versions of [whatever you're documenting]. So you've got pages for version 1, for example, and when people go to one of the version 1 pages you want an automatic link to the same page for version 2.
Is that correct?
Nidesha,
If Rob's suggestion is correct, do you have each version in it's own Confluence space? If you do, you should be able to do a single alteration to the documentation page template in the old version's space to add the message to each page for the old version.
Rob's question is correct. That's exactly what I am trying to do.
I want a link in each page- something that goes to the same page in the old documentation space, without me having to fill the URL manually. So this should ideally be a plugin kind of thing that automatically reads the old space key or something.
Exactly! Thank you!!!
I know there's a solution for this. I saw it somewhere a while back but I can't find it now. I think Confluence uses it on their own docs.
Right, so it's nothing to do with page history or versions.
You are looking for something that can present Confluence pages or spaces as a set of docs directly related to an event such as a software release. I think you need to look at something like "Scroll versions".
Nic, this is my requirement:
I explored the "Scroll versions" plugin but since I already have multiple spaces for multiple versions, I don't think that suggestion works. Confluence used to do this through some kind of plugin/macro that they add to the header.
Unfortunately I don't know of any way to do this automatically. Hopefully the clarification of the question will allow someone else to answer though....
if you find a solution can you post it here for future reference?
Hi Rob, I found that the SpaceJump macro does the job.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.