In jira 5 comments could be edited inline. In JIRA 6, a popup appears instead. This is not very practical as you can no longer consult the issue while editing the comment. Is there any way to disable the popup?
Dear Steven,
I did a quick check on this, but apparently the comment field can't be edited inline in JIRA 5. Basically when we try to edit a comment, a new comment edit screen will be loaded instead.
Since this is the case, can you please provide us with some sample screenshot for us to review the behavior?
Thanks.
Hi Steven, according to the Update Notes, disabling inline editing is no longer allowed. When I ran some tests, I have noticed that for all fields I have tested, inline editing was allowed, with the comments field being the exception. At this moment I am uncertain if this is intentional, or perhaps a bug, I will egt back to you when I have got some more details on it.
I think there is a little confusion regarding this, I have to confirm what Ahmad states above. The only difference I have found, is that pre JIRA 6, the edit issue screen gets opened in a new window, where in JIRA 6 it appears in a popup over your issue.
I stand corrected. I tried in a JIRA 5 instance and the editing is indeed not inline. I also observed that when I ctr-click on the edit-icon I can still edit the comment in a sparate tab, so this is a non-issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.