Users can change their home page - is it possible to prevent this?
For ease of communication, I'd like to keep the default Site Homepage for all users (and reset any that have changed).
Hi Tom,
It seems this is not possible at the moment, so I have created a feature request for you here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33740
I recommend to vote and watch the feature request to increase popularity. Also, ask your colleagues to vote and watch as well
As a workaround, I could create this query that will show all users that have a home page set instead of using the global home page:
SELECT um.username, os.entity_key, os.string_val FROM OS_PROPERTYENTRY os JOIN user_mapping um on um.user_key = trim('USERPROPS-' FROM os.entity_name) WHERE os.entity_key = 'confluence.user.site.homepage';
and this delete sql will remove their setting leaving only the global home page setting.
DELETE FROM os_propertyentry WHERE entity_key = 'confluence.user.site.homepage';
Remember, always perform a full backup of the database before performing any update or delete query on it.
Cheers,
Rodrigo
I've also created this KB
Thanks! I see some users set to "siteHomepage" - is that the same as having it default?
That's correct. I've just tested this here. If there is set a "siteHomepage" there, then that user is using the global home page. And if that row is removed, the user will also user the default global home page as well. You can use both as workaround
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.