Hi,
Our Executive team (upper management team's managers) - need to use one Project in JIRA to track issues that will show them progress of all issues in one page. Hence, they do not want to add lot of tasks but for those they do they just want to track its and its sub-tasks progress to the CEO and President of the company. Question is how do they acheive this? I was thinking Scrum board and telling them to treat project as versions. So, if manager A has 3 projects -- he/she will have three different versions in the project. I tought this is a good suggestion so that we can display the stats of these issues (how many to do, how many in progress, how many done) on dashboards for each team using fixed version as a filter for each manager in the team.
Also, if I want to acheive what I explained before, I think Scrum boards would be a good choice to go ahead because of it's plan mode as against Kanban. Please let me know if there is a better way to acheive what we are trying to acheive.