I'm writing a script using the Trello API and I'm trying to get the lists on a board. I'm following https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-boards/#api-boards-id-lists-get . However, no matter what I try, I always seem to get a 404 error. I've confirmed that the board exists and that I'm using the correct id, key, & token (they're working for other API endpoints). Here's my (sanitized) URL:GET https://api.trello.com/1/boards/67f93b73afca40283d3d474c/lists&key=KEY&token=TOKEN
As far as I can see, I think I'm following the formatting in the API docs correctlyEdit: I'm also seeing the same for getting the labels on a board (/1/boards/[id]/labels) https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/trello/rest/api-group-boards/#api-boards-id-labels-get
Edit: for what it's worth, I've also tried this on multiple browsers, curl, on multiple devices, and on multiple networks with the same result
Ok, I FINALLY figured out what I was missing - I was missing a ? to start the query part of the URL. So instead of /boards/[id]/lists?key=.... I was using /boards/[id]/lists&key=.... Very easy to miss and hard to see the difference.
I wish this error had given me a 400 (bad request) or some sort of other more helpful error, but I doubt that suggestion will get to anyone in Trello/Atlassian
Just tested, and it works totally fine for me (using my own board-id), so the format of you GET URL is correct.
2 things to try:
Yeah, I also tried this in the browser with the same result. I did also confirm the id is the board id by exporting the board to json and looking at the info there. I quickly tested with the powerup you linked and it shows the same id:
I just tested the url in the browser against another one of my board's ids (same key & token) and it also failed. So it's not specific to this board
I also just went to https://trello.com/app-key and double-checked my key and generated a new token from the link on that page (of course, other API calls with the earlier key & token were working just fine before - just these board-specific ones were having issues) and I still hit the same issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.